I have been teaching yoga in NYC since 2006, with a particular focus on working with people one-on-one and with pregnant women and new mamas. My teaching is grounded in clear alignment, intelligent sequencing and mindfulness.
I find yoga to be a transformative toolkit for navigating modern life with more ease and hope to share this with my students and clients. My teaching draws on a range of training and experience including a dance background, my former corporate media career and my adventures in parenting.
I grew up on the south coast of England – dancing, roller skating, turning cartwheels, and generally spending a lot of time upside down. My parents like to recount the time a new gymnastics teacher asked me to take a flying leap off the top of a set of bleachers and I did it without blinking. My friends and I spent hours in Brighton’s thrillingly mysterious new age shops and were predictably militant about our vegetarianism. In retrospect, a career teaching yoga is not that surprising.
I read theatre studies at the University of Warwick, graduating in 1996, and started working in the TV industry in London. Love (what else) brought me to NYC in early 2001, and shortly after that I found myself hooked on vinyasa yoga at Cyndi Lee’s OM Yoga studio. The combination of intelligent movement, practical wisdom, mindfulness and a touch of mystery felt like coming home. I did my first yoga teacher training at OM in 2006 and happily taught regular classes, workshops and series there until the studio closed in 2012.
When my son was born in 2010, it was a simple decision to quit my corporate day job and concentrate on him and on teaching. The prenatal and postnatal yoga that I had been teaching for years became even more meaningful to me, and I also began to work with students privately. I love the dynamic of a one-on-one session, and it is a privilege to watch my clients as their yoga practice deepens and enriches their lives.
I’m often greeted at a client’s door by a toddler, who I used to know as a belly bump, demonstrating their downward facing dog. I feel lucky to do something I love and which makes a difference.
My Yoga Bio
- 2015 Kula Flow for Teachers with Schuyler Grant
- 2015 Thai Yoga Massage with Eleonore Piquet
- 2013 The Science of the Private Lesson with Francesca Cervero
- 2011 Postnatal Teacher Training with Carrie Parker
- 2010 Experiential Anatomy for Yoga Teachers with Judith Lasater
- 2009 Relax & Renew Restorative Teaching Certification with Judith Lasater
- 2007 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Mia Borgatta + Dr Eden Fromberg
- 2006 OM Yoga 200-Hour Teaching Certification with Cyndi Lee, Margi Young & Sarah Trelease
My Teacher Training Programs
- 2019 200-hr Teacher Training, Awakened Life School of Yoga, Panama
- 2017 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, Awakened Life School of Yoga, Greece
- 2014 The Science of the Private Lesson with Francesca Cervero, NYC
- 2016 Partner Restorative Yoga at Yoga Vida, NYC
- 2014 Restorative Yoga at East Yoga, NYC
- 2013 Restorative Yoga at East Yoga, NYC
- 2012 Yoga for Pregnancy + Birth at Om Yoga, NYC
- 2011 Yoga for Pregnancy + Birth at Om Yoga, NYC
- 2009 Partner Yoga at OM Yoga, NYC
I am registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT and an RPYT.